The Third Reich's Most Secret Project - Hunting for a Phantom ???
Nazi activities in the area between the cities of
Arnstadt and Ohrdruf in Thuringia lie in the dark. Ever since the end of World
War II, they have been the reason for much speculation and research. The main
question is if there are more underground tunnels and buildings than the ones we
already know. In these underground buildings, researchers hope to find looted
art, gold bars of the Reichsbank, and installations which could give insight to
the development of German secret weapons researches (so called
"Wunderwaffen") at the end of the war.
The general starting point of all research is in Jonastal. In this valley, feverish building activities began in November 1944. Using forced labourers from concentration camps, 25 lugs (total approx. length 2.300 meters) were driven into the slope. The name of the project was S III (Sonderbauvorhaben III). The actual sense and purpose of the 25 lugs are still unclear today. Was the “Fuehrer’s Last Headquarter” to be built here? Or was the openly visible construction site meant to camouflage the large number of forced labourers secretly working on other spots within the mountain? There are many conjectures.
The documented transports of forced labourers found in the archives of Buchenwald, a former concentration camp, seem to point to a sham construction site. In the period between November 1944 (starting of the building activities in Jonastal) and March 1945 (abandonment of the site) approx. 25.000 forced labourers were brought to S III. Various authors assume that the extremely high amount of forced labourers had something to do with a still unknown Nazi Nuclear and Intercontinental Rocket Research Program, and that most of the forced labourers had to work in order to build these subterranean sites.
These contemplations are in direct contrast to general
and official history. Officially, there are no more buildings in the underground
than those 25 lugs. Officially, Nazi Germany did not try to build an atomic
bomb. Officially, Nazi Germany had no long range rockets except for the V2.
Now one would expect to find indications about the
assumed Nuclear and Intercontinental Rocket Research Centre in the reconnaissance
reports (G-2 Journal) of the THIRD US ARMY, who reached and occupied the area in
April 1945. Furthermore, upon looking through army reports, one would come
across the idea that the US-Troops may have found underground installations used
to create super weapons (Wunderwaffen). However, this is not the case. Nothing
indicates an actual finding of such installations. There are only one or two
notes in the reports, which may indicate that the US troops found
One of these notes is as follows: Message Nrr. 65 of
April 5, 1945, 1600 h in G-2 Journal, HQ's 4TH ARMD DIV, A. P. O. 254, U.S. ARMY
National Archives, Washington, claims: “Polish cif [probably former forced
labourers, P.S.] rptd formed conc camp of 6000 was located at CRAWINKEL J 1547 [near
Ohrdruf, P.S] where they were used to dig tunnel for underground factory to
manufacture V-1 rockets (to date, no rockets have been produced there) /GOSSEL
J1949 camou completed underground factory no pers allowed near this place which
is located 2 mi N of Gossel / on 3 Apr was manufacturing V-1s and experimenting
with V-3s. [!, P.S.]”
One should think that the cited underground factories
and V1/V3 installations should emerge again in later army reports, but the
investigation is done in vain. There are no definite tip-offs which support the
assumption of an underground installation situated 2 miles north of GOSSEL, as
reported by a civilian. Everything remains vague and ambiguous for investigators.
The same situation can be found in Germany. Sources are
also extremely sparse. There are only a few signs, oddities and more or
less founded suppositions. Up to now, all we know is that sources may support
the theory of the existence of a still unknown underground Nuclear and Rocket
Technology Centre. However, solid proof still doesn’t exist. Nobody has
succeeded in locating and opening one of the former entrances yet. Every
available indication concerning the region (which has a size of about 50 square
kilometres) is not valid enough to identify a concrete point for geophysical
measurements, drillings or diggings with a realistic chance of finding at least
one of the tunnels. Researchers simply do not know where to start in
accordance with justifiable costs and sufficient probabilities of success.
Therefore, proving the existence of unknown underground installations is
impossible and the entire theory remains fiction.
In the following some arguments which speak against the assumption of a phantom are lisetd :
1.) See the message in G-2 Journal above. Result: The US-Army reports the testimony of a lokal witness covering existence and purpose of a subterranean site.
2.) Another argument is the amount of employed
forced labourers. To illustrate its scope, a similar construction site
should be examined: Wizernes, located at the
English Channel by Calais. Between November 1943 and
July 1944 (destruction by an American bomb), a V-2 launching base was erected by
the Organisation Todt at Wizernes. Further details can be found under
www.v2rocket.com. The building at Wizernes consisted of an underground dome (see
picture: inner diameter 61 meters, inner height 24 meters, height of the
vertically standing V2 14 meters!) and about 7000 meters of tunnels. This
building was generated by 1.500 forced labourers. Result: To create
the 25 lugs of 2.300 meters in Jonastal “only” 300 -500 would have been
approximately necessary. Therefore, the amount of employed forced labourers
indicates the existence of further buildings under the earth.
3.) An American officer reports in his memories:: U.S. Colonel Allen served in the THIRD US ARMY under General Patton. In his book entitled "Lucky Forward, The History of Pattons Third Army", New York, Vanguard Press, 1947 and 1971, (“Lucky” was the code name of General Patton’s headquarters), he described the advancement of the American troops in Europe. On page 297 of the 1971 edition (to read the text, please click here), he reports about the existence of several underground buildings located in Ohrdruf and the surrounding villages Quote: "Over 50 feet underground, the installations consisted of two and three stories several miles in length and extending like the spokes of a wheel". Result: In April 1945, US Troops discovered a few underground buildings. These buildings are probably not the acknowledged 25 lugs located in the Jonastal because they do not extend like the spokes of a wheel and they do not contain multi-stories. - Probably the above mentioned rocktetfactory (see point 1.) is one of these underground buildings .
Of course, these informations are basic and old. But they led Peter Schneider and Erich Schuck to start their exploration for hidden underground lug systems and bunkers in the area between Ohrdruf and Arnstadt. Their method is as follows:
Divining methods, a part of Peter Schneider and Erich Schuck 's special knowledge. They improve the chance of findings considerably.
Please see a report about our successful location of cavities in the ruins of a castle of the 14th century) . Stephan Görisch im Darmstädter Echo vom. 22.September 2004 "Mit der Wünschelrute Keller geortet".